With the growing technology, cellphone and its accessories are a great part of it. There are many accessories introduced for every device and it comes in different sizes, colors and functions. With so many to choose from, here are some of the cellphone accessories that can be considered a necessity.
- Cell phone chargers. This accessory always comes with the phone upon buying a new set and it is considered as a wall charger. Though this is the most common one, other types of chargers have also been manufactured such as desktop charger, car charger, green charger, USB charger and emergency chargers. The most important thing that should be considered when buying a new one is the compatibility of the charger to the device.
- Covers or cases. One of the cell phone accessories that can be considered as a necessity is the case or cover. It serves as an additional protection in case the device falls or receives any shock. It can also be changed in various colors and design to suit one’s preference. There are different types of cases and covers and they are categorized as the following: faceplate, skin, pouch, and body glove.
- Headset. This accessory is often included in the package when purchasing a new unit. A headset can be either wired or wireless. This is very important especially in keeping the user’s hands free. Calls may be accepted and done discreetly with the help of headsets. Users can also have the privacy to listen to music even in crowded places without invading the space of other people. These are available in various color and design depending on the phone’s model and the preference of the user.
- Memory card. The latest mobile phones manufactured these days come with a built-in external storage for data and files. For some people this internal memory may be enough but for the most advanced and well-verse users, a memory card is very important. A memory card is available depending on the amount of data that can be stored inside.
- Extra battery. This is important especially for people who are out most of the day and does not have the means to charge their phone. Users can be sure that they don’t run out of battery and access to the phone as long as they have an extra with them.
Even though Legrand is a newly introduced company in the technology business, the company has set their name with function, style and most importantly, affordability. The company recently released wireless products.
A few of the products they have released that have gained popularity includes the Wave Switch with motion sensor, works by simply waving a hand and pass by the sensor. Other switches by Legrand are equipped with SensaSwith which turns the light on or off just by entering or leaving a room. The SensaSwitch comes with a time interval preset to the device and has four options in minutes, 10, 20, 30 and 60.
The modular system introduced by the company designed for under cabinet is a solution to most of the kitchen issues by consumers. Such difficulties are encountered when task lighting are needed or handling a cookbook while cooking. The modular system developed comes with lighting, outlets, speakers and cradles. The outlets are beneficial to save space in the cooking counter that is normally occupied by a number of cords.
The lighting is either pucks or LED strips which helps giving proper lighting to the counter and provides adequate ventilation while preparing and doing tasks in the kitchen. The built-in cradle is designed for iPads or iPods and mounted at eye level which makes it accessible when reading recipes while the device is charging.
The last in the package is the speakers that can be streamed through Bluetooth technology and can be connected to any device which is effective in making sure there are no wires and static – both of which are common problems when using standard radios.
The latest innovation developed by Legrand is the wireless controls in lighting with the help of either an application or a remote. This innovation made it possible for lighting throughout the entire building to be customized. The remotes are used to perform four preprogrammed scenes and are also used to control the amount of light with the help of switches, outlets and dimmers.
With the introduction of this wireless control in lighting, the users will get benefits such as security, a way to save energy and convenience.
One will always be grateful to the scientists and inventors who continually seek of ways to lighten up man’s burden through the use of technology. Gadgets have been a helping tool to the human race. Communication is made easier, gaining information has now become handy and learning has become creative. Although there are a lot of advantages of technology and gadgets, one cannot bear but look at the other side of the coin. What disadvantages do gadgets have?
• Frequent use of gadgets will lead to health problems
Using gadgets per se is not detrimental to one’s health. However, the excessive use of gadgets will slowly cripple your body’s line of defense which would lead to complicated health problems. Science would tell us that gadgets emit radiation. These rays are harmful to humans. It could only be tolerated by people at a certain level.
With social media gaining popularity, adults and kids alike find it a necessity to constantly update themselves with what’s going on in other people’s lives. We often carry our mobile phones, tablets and i-phones in our pocket. When the battery is nearing empty, radiation levels escalate. You could damage the skin of your cells or when you are trying to make a call when the battery level is so low, it will affect your brain tissues.
When kids are hooked up playing with online games, they seem not to care about time. They pass up lunch and dinner. Irregularities in food intake will lead to serious health problems among the youths. To name a few, you have stomach pain and gastritis.
• Gadgets can be addictive
Before gadgets came into the picture, we were just comfortable with having relaxing conversations with loved ones through the wired telephones or writing a letter to a friend on the other side of the continent. Now that gadgets are on the boom, we constantly are in the habit of sending text messages, even unnecessary ones. We enroll ourselves in unlimited call and text services. Even when there is no need to call someone, you get addicted in using that smart phone.
Children are also addicted to online computer games with themes of revenge and killing. No wonder, there are a lot of violent kids out there.
Some people are just busier than most and can’t have the time to go around Christmas shopping – good thing there is online shopping and next day delivery. If you are one of those people who haven’t started on their Christmas shopping list then this list of gadgets anyone can buy at the last-minute is the perfect solution.
- Tesco Hudl2. This powerful tablet is well-built and powered by Android. The price is affordable and the specs are great. The touchscreen is 8.3 inches and the processor is strong enough to keep up with the speed. The battery life can lasts for 8 hours. There also different colors to choose from. The good news is you can order the Tesco Hudl2 online.
- Bose QC25 Headphones. The latest headphone from Bose is the QC25 with a noise cancelling feature that is perfect for any public music or movie session. This is the best headphone there is from Bose and, not only that, it is very comfortable to use. You can have this the next day if you order now online.
- Anki Drive. The Anki Drive has a starter kit which includes a race track, two cars and a set of chargers. This model car racing on track is lots of fun to play with. This revolutionized started kit is equipped with artificial intelligence that will mimic how you drive. Anyone can control this using an Apple or Android smartphone.
- Amazon Fire TV. This little box can give you access to thousands of movies and TV series. The remote control can be controlled using voice commands. It also boasts a careful buffering feature for those who hate to wait for their video to load.
- Sony HX60V Camera. This camera is small in size yet very powerful – perfect for taking pictures this holiday season. The HX60V has a 20.4 megapixel and can be zoomed up to 30x. You can also share your photos to your smartphone with just one tap.
- Jawbone UP24. This fitness tracker is perfect after the holidays. What with all the holiday feasts and sweets, anyone who is health conscious will thank you for giving them this. It is not your ordinary fitness tracker. The wearer can put it on before sleeping and the tracker will be able to track how many hours they have slept and it will wake them up after they got enough sleep.
Kids always love to dress up with their favorite cartoon or film characters and parents love watching their kids portray and act out the character. If you are one of those parents who enjoy watching your children portraying their favorite character but don’t have the budget to buy them costumes, then why not make one of your own?
One of the most loved characters of all time is probably Peter Pan. Who doesn’t like watching a mischievous kid who never grows up fight a band of hilariously evil pirates led by the notorious Captain hook?
To create a Peter Pan costume for your kid, you would first need to get the right materials. The first thing you would need is a green polo shirt and 2 sheets of green belt. ½ yard of green knit fabric and 1 sheet red felt. You would also need to get some wire, 1” wide elastic, a child’s belt and moccasins.
Step 1: Start first with the leggings. You can use a pair of baby leggings as a pattern for the costume leggings and lay them, folded in half on a piece of paper. Trace the baby leggings and then cut the pattern afterwards. Then you should pin the cut-out pattern and place it on top of the knit fabric fold. After that, you cut the patterns. Do this for two times to provide for each leg.
Step 2: Open the leg up and fold its bottom twice. After that, zigzag through it to allow it to stretch out for you to easily slide the leggings in. Then you place both of the legs with right sides together and start sewing all up to the crotch. Sew the inseams from ankle to ankle while the leggings are folded.
Step 3: Fold the waistband over to create a casing for the elastic. Naturally, you should sew it. Leave 3 inches for you to place the elastic inside.
Step 4: Move onto the shirt. Using the regular polo shirt, remove all the buttons and outline a zigzag for you to cut so that it would look wavy like Peter Pan’s shirt.
Step 5: Cut two identical slanted triangles from your green felt then sew them together. Turn right side out and set aside. Then cut two identical feathers from your red felt and sew them on your makeshift hat. You can also glue the feathers if you want.
There you have it. A Peter Pan costume for your kid.
A lot of electronic devices have been introduced in the market at some point or another but most if not all of them has fallen victims to the phenomenal smartphones. With one little device that can do a myriad of different tasks who needs to carry along a dozen of little objects when one smartphone can reasonably do all its functions? However, there is still a long list of tech items that people can’t just do without whether it is socially or technologically outdated.
Traditional gadgets that just won’t die
- Paper maps – provided a lot of benefits to our ancestors but since the smartphones, these traditional maps were replaced by Google maps that provides directions and satellite imagery of many countries. Smartphones with the global positioning system (GPS) calculates your best route effectively through signals from satellites.
- Alarm clocks – smartphones easily duplicate the function of alarm clocks with better sound quality. The smartphone does not start blinking when power is off and neither does it need a 9-volt battery backup.
- Personal digital assistant – or palmtop computer was cutting edge technology years ago but its time is nearly over. The only exception would be those who work at warehouses where inventory has to be tracked and data collected to manage products.
- Dial-up internet – is still available in some areas where broadband is limited. However, broadband connection allows you to stream video and audio into your HDTV and your computer. However, 4G LTE has arrived and while it is not a replacement for broadband, it helps solve the internet crisis in rural communities.
- Pagers – used to be an indispensable device for people who always want to be connected. There was a time when doctors and lawyers used pagers to imply the importance of their professions. Today, like everyone else, doctors and lawyers carry smartphones that provide better communication functions.
- Pocket sized cameras – used to be the trend but like all other gadgets, they have fallen victims to smartphones. The iPhone6 is an example of a phone with an extremely fast autofocus and dual-LED flash Samsung Galaxy S5 has the 16-megapixel sensor and 0.3 second autofocus time.
If you still have these gadgets, keep them before they become extinct. At least you will have something to show your kids about past technology.
Packaging is an important part of production and sales. Great packaging can ultimately help give you a positive feedback and review. Online packaging stores offer the best varieties for packaging though there are a few things you need to consider when buying from an online packaging store.
- Determine the type of package you need. Choosing a type of package is easier said than done especially when given a whole lot of types to choose from. To determine the type of package you need, you should first consider the size, weight and appearance of your product. You must decide if you want it to have creative designs or just a plain old simple package. You must also determine the durability or fragility of your products for you to know whether you need to put safety fillings that can cushion your products or not. The type of product should greatly be considered. If you sell wine then you would need a wine bag, there is always a package type that is compatible with your product, be it shipping boxes, cellophanes, tulles or baskets.
- Determine the amount of package units that are needed. Easily understandable. Some products are delivered in bulk, so you must decide on the amount of package units you need to deliver your products.
- Look for a dependable online packaging store. You should be careful in choosing an online packaging store. Not all of them sell efficient and durable packaging materials. You should base your search on good reviews and positive feedback from other customers. You should also conduct a good research on the store from which you’re going to buy so that you don’t end up wasting time and money on a defective packaging product and poor quality service.
- Learn how to negotiate. You are the customer and it is your business that they want. Learn how to negotiate and bargain. You can use those skills to your advantage especially when buying in bulk. Always try to be smarter when buying from an online store. Effective negotiation can lead to good deals and a positive outcome.