According to a report by the Electrical Safety Foundation International, nearly 50,000 house fires each year is due to electrical failures. After a thorough investigation, it was found that majority of these incidents could have been prevented. There are a lot of warning signs of electrical problems that should not be taken for granted, such as frequent tripping of circuit breaker, that you may have been deliberately ignored. There are many professionals in this field in the country, looking for licensed electricians in Bulimba should be easy. But if you have long been ignoring signs of electrical problems and things have become serious, you should not panic but instead stay cautious.

Contact a Sparkie

Licensed electricians in Bulimba does not cost that much. Especially when the cost is compared to a matter of life and death, and between keeping your precious home or risk losing it in a fire. Never attempt to try and repair the problem yourself just to save some money. If you do so, the chance of making things worst is highly likely. Electricity, electrical problems, and electrical wirings are things you should not mess with unless you are a licensed professional in that field. It is illegal to deal with this if you are not licensed unless you are only changing a bulb.

Turn Off Main Electrical Panel

Every structure is typically equipped with a circuit breaker. The role of a circuit breaker is to distribute electricity to different electrical outputs like plugs and switches, and this immediately trips in case of overload. But the circuit breaker being the problem is also a possibility. It would be best to shut off the main power source while waiting for the electrician, but do so with caution.

Isolate the Problem

Note that before attempting to isolate the issue, you should have already turned off the main electrical panel first. Try to cautiously determine the cause of the apparent warning sign. In doing so, try to avoid touching anything to prevent any risk of electrocution. Use your other senses, like your sense of sight and sense of smell. Look for constant sparking, burning discoloration or smoke. Once you determine the room where the problem most probably originated, isolate which of the devices or appliance in that room is faulty, but it is probably best to unplug all of them. Evaluate the situation carefully.

Share Button