A vertical roller mill is a type of heavy equipment used to crush materials into extremely fine powder. The product of a roller mill is use in different types of applications such as in the processing of mineral dressing, pyrotechnics, paints, cements and ceramics. A vertical roller mill can be used as an alternative of ball mill but the former is more energy efficient, apart from other more advantages. Vertical roller mill has smaller footprint compared to ball mill and can easily be placed on application site thereby avoiding issues related to transfers and logistics. A vertical roller mill is also proven to have lower wear rate and can grind more for up to 20-25% compared to a ball mill. The equipment has two types namely, LM vertical roller mill and LUM ultrafine vertical roller mill.
Vertical Roller Mill Applications
A vertical roller mill is used in various applications and is used in different industries. This type of heavy equipment can be seen in the chemical industry, metallurgy, cement, electric power and non metal mines. They are used to convert large, granular and heavy materials into fine powder thru grinding process. Other applications of vertical roller mill include the following:
- Mass production of special types of steel
- Coal preparation and coal gangue
- Thermal power plant processes including desulfurization of limestone
- Used as milling equipment in large scale ore processing in non metallic mineral industry
- Used in cement plants for processing cement products
- Processing of superfine grinding in quartz glass industry including the processing of pyrophyllite powder
- Processing of blast furnace slag, power plant slag, special steel slag and fly ash
- Production of flour additives in chemical industry
- Grinding of cement clinker and slag powder in construction industry
For more information on the different applications of vertical roller mill and how you can purchase them, contact a manufacturer today. You can also get valuable advice on how you can maintain the equipment for longer use and you can also get discounts and deals by contacting them today.