With today’s advancement in technology, there’s a new gadget released every few weeks. Whether it’s a smartphone, a camera, a laptop or a tablet, there is always a newer and better version available. The year 2014 has offered some of the best gadgets in the market and without a doubt, 2015 will be a better year for technology. To recap and to help techies with their Christmas shopping, here is a list of the best gadgets one can buy that was released in 2014.
Phones and Tablets
1. According to Techradar, HTC One M8 is the best smartphone of 2014 which puts the iPhone6 in the second place and LG G3 in the third place.
2. Nokia Lumia 930 won the first place in the best Windows phone category, Nokia Lumia 1020 came in second and on the third place is Nokia Lumia 1520.
3. Let’s talk about the budget. Not everyone can afford a high-end smartphone but that doesn’t mean consumers should compromise quality and capability. The top three cheap smartphones are as follow: Motorola Moto G, Sony Xperia M2 and Nokia Lumia 630.
4. People nowadays are hard at work and prefer to bring work anywhere, thus the birth of tablets. The best three tablets of 2014 are iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet.
5. If you can find smartphones on a budget then you can definitely find cheaper tablets too. The Nexus 7, LG G Pad 8.3 and Amazon Kindle Fire are the top three options when choosing the best yet cheap tablets.
6. It’s a hassle sometimes to bring both phone and tablet when going out. With today’s technology, there’s always a solution to everyone’s problem, thus the phablet. It is both a phone and a tablet in one gadget. Its size is also somewhere between a smartphone and a tablet. The first best phablet of 2014 is Samsung Galaxy Note 3, second is the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the third is Nokia Lumia 1520.
1. Based on reviews by Techradar, the best SLR for beginners are Nikon D3300, Canon EOS 100D or (Rebel SL1) and Canon EOS 1200D or (Rebel T5).
2. For those who prefer an SLR worthy of a professional, the Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Nikon D800 and the Canon EOS 1DX are on the top three.
3. For those looking for a more compact camera that can be brought anywhere, anytime, here are your options: Sony RX100, Canon G15 and Fujifilm X20.
1. Ultrabooks are brands by Intel which focuses more on design which makes it rather more expensive than other laptops. The top three ultrabooks of 2014 according to Techradar are as follow: Acer Aspire S7, Dell XPS 13 and Acer Aspire S3.
2. Chromebooks are more affordable versions of Ultrabooks, only less-stylish. Dell Chromebook 11 is on the top of the list followed by Toshiba Chromebook 2 and Acer Chromebook 13.
3. If gaming is more your genre then you should choose between these three contenders: Gigabyte P35W v2, Origin EON17-S and MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 3k.